Wednesday, August 7, 2019

The Oriental Rug

The Oriental Rug - Inspiration Wednesday

The Oriental rug. Is it even PC to say Oriental? Anyway, it is a classic that has gone in and out of fashion. For the past few years it's been seagrass, hides, overdyed, and chevron pattern rugs for me. Between Dave and I we have three Oriental rugs, two large traditional ones from him, one smaller Kilim from me. Since our beach house is a combination of our styles, I'm incorporating the Oriental rugs. One will go in the living room, one will go in a bedroom, and one will go in the center hall.

Learning to love Oriental rugs again
I pulled a few inspiration images to make me get in like again with Oriental rugs. I haven't used them since my hippie days in New York. They are kind of looking fresh again to me.

This geometir in a mud room

This one is a art of the kind of mix of furniture I'll have to make work

This is a lovely traditional room

Another great mix

Hallway inspiration

I spy a hide in the adjacent room; I still have mine

Bathroom Oriental

Another inspiration for the bathroom

Love it in the dining room

Mixing it up with an Oriental rug

I'll be bringing a pair of orange velvet French armchairs

Layered Oriental rugs

Center hall inspiration

One of the bedrooms will get an Oriental rug

More living room inspiration

I like the modern looking stripes on the wall mixed in with the traditional

Brown furniture and Oriental rugs are in my future

5 comments:

  1. I love these images Valorie, do they make your heart skip when you find something really good too? Have fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt rug is one of best choices to cover the floor. I really appreciate your views about rugs. Excellent post. Thanks for sharing You can also read my article as well about carpet supplier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog with excellent idea! Thank you for such a valuable Blog.

    Traditional Rug Melbourne | Oriental Rug Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt rug is one of best choices to cover the floor. I really appreciate your Intermodal rates views about rugs. Excellent post. Thanks for sharing You can also read my article as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stitchmax is the best Embroidery Digitizing Software. Stitchmax Provides the best embroidery digitalization service in India, Stitchmax is a great way to start creating and editing professional embroidery designs on a Very Low Budget.
    Embroidery Designs

    ReplyDelete